Fancy some festive socks? You have found some. My passion for beading continues with these fabulous beaded socks with a lace Christmas Tree motif. The Beads delicately highlight the pretty tree pattern that’s knitted into the fabric, and their metallic shade beautifully complements the rich red yarn with the golden sparkles in it.
The beads are applied with my favourite bead knitting method using a crochet hook, instructions are included with the pattern.
Of course if you are not a fan of beading these socks will look just as cute without the beads.
To knit these socks you will need:
- Old Maiden Aunt, 4ply sock yarn (75% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon, 5% stalling, 100g/366m) One skein in Lip Gloss.
- 2.5mm DPN’s or needles to work in the round
- 0.75mm crochet hook (for beading)
- one pack of Debbie Abrahams Size 6, seed beads, colour 601
- Stitch markers
- Darning needle
To knit these socks you will need to be familiar with top down sock construction with a heel flap.
Be able to:
- sl 1 - slip next stitch purl wise
- ktbl - knit next st through back loop, twisting stitch
- ssk - slip 1, slip 1, knit these two slipped sts together to decrease one stitch
- k2tog - knit next two sts together to decrease one stitch
- yo - yarn over
- Bead (see instructions included in the pattern).
The pattern is written in four sizes to fit foot circumference 21 (23, 25.5, 27.5) cm.