Design your own beaded socks with this step by step guide
Applying beads to your knitted project really can add that ‘wow factor’. For many their first experience of working with beads is string hundreds of beads onto the yarn and struggling with tangles and fraying yarn.
With my Beading for Socks eBook, you will be applying beads as you knit using the crochet hook method in no time at all AND designing your own beaded socks!
Following the instructions I teach you how to successfully chart your own beaded design. Then apply this to the ‘plug in and play’ style pattern and you will have your very own beaded sock design.
Not ready to design your own? Included is the pattern for the cute beaded heart socks in six sizes.
This comprehensive eBook covers the following:
- Why you should choose the crochet hook method of beading
- Choosing beads
- All hooks are not made equal
- Step by step how to apply beads with a crochet hook
- Designing your own beaded socks
- The rules
- How to chart your design
- Blank chart
- The pattern (six sizes from X Small - XX Large)
- Video resources
The finished foot circumference of these socks are: 16.5cm/6.5” (XS), 17.5cm/7” (S), 19cm/7.5” (M), 20cm/8” (L), 21cm/8.25” (XL) and 22.5cm/8.75” (XXL), to fit foot circumference 18cm/7”, 19cm/7.5”, 20.5cm/8”, 21.5cm/8.5”, 22.5cm/9” and 24cm/9.5”.
This cuff-down sock pattern, with a gusset, heel flap and grafted toe, contains step-by-step instructions for the easy crochet hook method of beading (which avoids the need to pre-thread all the beads at once), and links to useful online tutorials.
- 100g 4 ply (fingering weight) sock yarn (containing nylon)
- Double pointed 2.5mm (US 1.5) or 60-80cm circular needles for working in the round
- 0.75mm (US 13) crocher hook
- Size 6 seed beads
- Stitch markers